Friday, January 6, 2012

Days 3 & 4, Kingsport to Madison(Nashville) Tn, and on to Memphis!


(photo-late Friday afternoon on I-40 coming into Memphis Tn. By Annrose on her "crack berry"

Thursday
(Annrose writes)
It was another crazy day on the road with the truckers on I-81 & I-40. I was doing 70 miles an hour most of the time unless someone was up my butt.....and I had to drive 85.... Sammy Hagar would love it...lol

We made it to our friends house in Madison Tn...so good to see them and they welcomed us with open arms. We’re looking forward to spending some quality time with Ralph and Reena.

Driving for hours at a time is a lot harder than I thought ...I may find the truckers annoying, but I give them a lot of credit.

Bill adds) It was one of those days for us. Even though we were “driving road time wise” were going an hour less, we lost an hour (backwards) when we crossed into the central time zone. We got to Ralph’s about 4:30 pm central time. As Annrose said, they rolled out the red carpet for us. Later in the evening after dinner we got to Broadcast our show from Ralph’s office.

Drive time: (road miles-282-Time 4:30)

Friday
Annrose writes)
Yesterday we arrived at Ralph n Reena's and were welcomed with open arms, good food, good people....thank you LOVAA!

We left Madison, TN (Nashville) around 1:30 and had another beautiful sunset...there are no scenic overlook areas to stop at on I-40, so, I tried getting a shot with my phone...Bill will post (my editor).....lol.


Today is Friday day 4, and we arrived in Memphis, TN around 6pm central time! I have lived my whole life on eastern time....and by the time I get to New Mexico I will be in Mountain time.. OMG I am getting so excited....

Tomorrow we are going to Graceland to see everything Elvis and then a quick trip to the Gibson Museum (and Factory)....it's going to be a very busy day, I think we have another 4+ hours of driving tomorrow, but we should be arriving in Arkansas past Little Rock early in the evening.
I think I’m gonna vegge for a little while and try to figure out the different channels in this city...


Bill adds)
While Annrose is enjoying Memphis (dish) Tv in the hotel, I will echo her feelings about how good it was to see Ralph & Reena.

Today was a shorter day on the road and that helped Annrose both driving wise and in fighting being “tired”. In trying to stop and eat at an “authentic” place, we stopped at a Hardees inside a truckstop. Wow, that was some burger! Besides the “iHop” In Virgina and the Cracker Barrel” Wed. night in Kingsport, Tn, we also did a Dq yesterday as well. Tomorrow we make a few local stops, and then we’ll head to Arkansas and the Ozarks.

Tomorrow somewhere on the first leg (between Memphis and Little Rock, Ar., we will pass the halfway point distance wise, if not in number of days. We have made great time every day except for the first, and now the actual daily road time decreases each day. Oh! you were all waiting for the "Escape's" Nickname: Midnight.

Drive (road time)-3:28-distance-213 miles.