Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Second road day-Va. to Tenn.





Photos(Annrose-Two Photos of Cows Grazing(we saw so many Cows, Horses, and even some Sheep) (Bill-The "Gold Star Veterans Memorial Highway"-I-81 in Va.)
(Annrose writes)
WOW who knew Virginia was so “freakin” big, I was driving all day and we finally got to Kingsport TN at 6:15pm. We are sitting in a Cracker Barrel getting ready to eat some home cooked southern food. I am having southern fried catfish.... love it!

Now, nothing against truckers, but man oh man they think they own the road. I almost got run off the road about a half dozen times. The speed limit on I81 is 70 miles an hour...yes 70 miles an hour, how much faster do you really need to go? Half the time I had to get up to 85/90 Mph. to pass the trucks. It was a little stress-full, but like Bill keeps telling me, we're moving to Arizona and it' s all good.

Happy to be in Tenn. I’ve never been here before and judging by the accents, you can tell we are in the south.
Tomorrow the drive should only be about 4 hours until we get to Ralph and Reena's house. Can’t wait!!

The weather was great today about 35 degrees and partly sunny and oh man what a sunset we had for over an hour, purple, pink, orange, so beautiful!!! And we followed a rainbow for over 20 miles, that was cool. I tried taking a few pictures with my phone while I was driving, of course they didn’t come out too good, but I had to try and of course Bill kept saying both hands on the wheel!! …yeah yeah just navigate I got the wheel.....

(Bill adds) I want her to keep both hands on the wheel because I don’t trust everyone else! It was a much better trip today. Sadly we missed Jimmy in Va. because of issues beyond both our control, but we had a very nice “late” breakfast at the iHop across the street from the hotel. Then it was “on the road.” We only made two stops for “Bathroom Breaks” and a few pictures (see top).

I have to give Annrose all the credit in the world for her driving ability because even out of NY there are folks on the road that are just out of their minds. Where we had a few minor issues with last night’s room and the place we stayed the last few days before leaving NY, this room tonight seems to be a bit better, if a bit smaller. Tomorrow we head to Nashville and Ralph & Reena.